Generally, sensitivity or allergy to mushrooms is reported to be due to the consumption of Food Grade mushrooms. Cross-sensitivity to other kinds of mushrooms is relatively unknown. However, in such cases, some care is advised when using Ganoderma based products. People, who have a known sensitivity to mushrooms, while considering usage of Ganoderma products for any Health Disorder, should start with a low dose and preferably under the supervision of a doctor who is trained in the usage of Ganoderma. They should gradually increase the dosage of Ganoderma.
Personally, I have dealt with quite a few persons who had a known allergy to mushrooms but were successfully treated with Ganoderma for their health disorders.